Most people can admit to feeling at least a little bit nervous about dental appointments. But in many cases, those nerves can subside within the first few minutes and likely won’t keep people from returning for routine care. Millions of others, however, need help with relieving dental anxiety. In Goshen, NY, we make your comfort a top priority!We want to help you feel comfortable and confident Read Transcript
We have many ways of helping you with your anxiety. One of the most powerful things is that we treat you with compassion. Everybody in the office will treat you with compassion. We make sure that you're numb when we do work, that way you're not white-knuckling it. We have nitrous oxide gas to help reduce some of the anxiety. And for people who need it, we also do oral sedation. So that way, you take a couple of pills, and you kind of just drift through that appointment. So if you've had any past anxiety, I know it's hard, but give us a call, and we'll help you out.
Our goal at Church Street Dental Arts is to provide the most gentle care possible so you can:
- Maintain a clean, healthy mouth with routine hygiene visits
- Treat oral health problems while they’re small with simple treatments
- Avoid serious, complicated, and costly dental problems down the road
- Build your confidence about the state of your dental health
- Make future appointments easier and easier over time
- Feel proud of your bright, healthy smile throughout your life
You don’t have to stress about visiting the dentist anymore. Call Church Street Dental Arts today at 845-606-0032 to schedule an appointment.
Ease Your Dental Fear With Our Soothing Strategies
Dental anxiety is one of the most common barriers to good oral health. The longer your fear keeps you away from the dentist, the more your smile, confidence, and health will suffer.
We completely understand how you feel and are committed to doing everything we possibly can to create positive experiences during every visit. As a member of the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation, Dr. Patel is uniquely qualified to help anxious patients relax so they can get the care they need.
Should you need it, special amenities and two different sedation options are available to make your appointment more comfortable:
- Inhaled Sedation – To settle mild dental anxiety, breathing in this safe form of sedation provides instant relaxation just before treatment begins. You won’t be distracted by environmental triggers like the sights and sounds of your surroundings or even care that we’re working on your teeth. Inhaled sedation allows you to maintain an independent routine since the effect will wear off immediately. You can drive yourself to and from your appointment.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – Oral sedation is an option suited to more moderate or severe anxiety or a treatment plan that requires multiple procedures in one appointment. We can provide you with a pill ahead of your visit so you’re nice and calm in time for your treatment. Since it requires more time to take effect and wear off, you’ll need to have someone provide transportation before and after your appointment.
- Cozy Amenities and Compassionate Care – Our chairs are quite comfortable, but to add to the home-like feel, you can rest your head on a soft pillow and cozy up with a warm blanket. Since fear of the unknown is a common trigger of dental anxiety, we take time to answer all your questions and explain every step of the process. Our team is friendly and compassionate, so if there’s anything else you need to feel more comfortable, all you need to do is ask!
When you’re nervous about visiting the dentist, trust the experts at relieving dental anxiety in Goshen, NY. Call Church Street Dental Arts today at 845-606-0032 to schedule an appointment. You can also .